Thursday, May 8, 2008

Journal Entry 9.25.07

What happened next was a little strange. Strange in the way of unexpected. The blonde-haired bartender and I started talking about the Gambia and her experience there visiting her sister. We share good eye contact and soon the two other guys she’s with seem to fade away. She says something about art and how that’s her service to the world. Giving the world art. Bit turn off. Why would someone say that? She, as it turns out is deaf in her left ear, as we switch spots so we can talk more and I’d be on her better side. The subject of dancing come up and we started dancing salsa to some Marc Anthony song. It was awkward but fun. For the last song, of the night she played “Mr. Bojangles” by Dylan and I was on cloud nine. I started talking about how rare that cover is and the guy with her that looked like Stanley Tucci was impressed by my Dylan skills. He gave me his website and said if any of the Gambians had CD players he’d totally send over a bunch of his CD’s. Ok guy, we’ll see what happens with that. The blonde gave me her contact info as well, walked me up the street. We parted ways after a kiss or two. “A farewell kiss” she said. This morning I woke up fully wanting to hear “Mr. Bojanles” but the copy I got from Liz didn’t work. It’s glitched, same with “Bob Dylan” which glitched on the plane. Not happy to know my Dylan is scratched for two years. That is going to suck. Had to pack tonight then maybe some more White Dog.

No comments: